Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Collection - "The Faces of the Madonna"

In The Loft - Showing through January 15th, 2010


Artist Janlyn Nesbett-Tucker has created several pieces featuring Madonna and Child. These iconic pieces are as vibrant as they are thought provoking. For more go to SouthWind Art Gallery - Artist Profile

 Artist Comments:

There is nothing more beautiful than the relationship between a mother and child. I remember looking into the eyes of my first-born child as I held her in my arms.
Artist Janlyn Nesbitt-Tucker
The overwhelming feelings were beyond words. I think back to that day and often wonder how Mary must have felt knowing that she had just given birth to the Savior.

I am awe inspired by the beauty and innocence of this blessed woman who is one of the most adored religious figures in the world.  Images of the Madonna have transcended the centuries. Today, Mary remains the epitome of an exemplary mother, a guiding light in her family - loving, encouraging, patient, and kind.

In my collection, The Faces of the Madonna, I have tried to capture the expressions of love Mary must have experienced when she first gazed into the face of her child.

Preview Online >>

No comments:

Post a Comment